The Business Development Managers (BDM) main responsibility is to develop the Local Yokel Media Publisher network. This includes, but not limited to, building and maintaining a target list of potential publisher clients, pitching to potential new clients, “cold calling” potential new clients and having a thorough understanding of the advertising network business, as well as an understanding of all Local Yokel Media products (advertising products) . It is expected that you have a deep understanding of digital advertising, ad networks, and a proven track record of driving growth through a variety of different tactics, as well as demonstrable examples of taking a client from initial conversation through conversion.
- Experience: 4 + years
- Location: Stamford, Connecticut. Some travel required.
- Education: College degree; MBA or comparable work experience desired
- Industry Type: Online/Digital Media. Ad Network
- Functional Area: Business Development/Sales
- Work with and expand current publisher prospect and client database to generate effective leads & hit/exceed online traffic inventory targets for the business
- Develop an outreach plan to include cold-calling, direct marketing, and attending industry events to build relationships with key prospects
- Understand publisher business needs and work with leadership team to develop tailored digital partnerships, programs and proposals (i.e. revenue share, bounties)
- Represent Local Yokel Media at industry events, including round tables, speaking forums and new business events
- Proven track record in consultative selling
- Excellent online digital media and marketing knowledge
- Experience dealing with Publisher/Digital Advertising leaders in online publishing industry (GM’s, Publishers, SVP of Digital Sales, AdOps) or comparable industry
- Ability to take a publisher from initial discussion, enrollment, through full ad tag implementation
- Ability to manage and track lead generation and a sales pipeline through CRM system
- Tenacious & creative sales approach
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
- Driven and motivated by results
- Passionate about digital advertising
- Strong presenter and negotiator
- Excellent written skills
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Able to work as part of wide and varied team
- Extremely comfortable in fast-paced, high-growth startup environment; very comfortable with ambiguity and decision-making in the absence of perfect information.
This is a very unique job opportunity. You will have the opportunity to help build the Local Yokel Media Publisher Services team and business from the ground up including helping to select those people with whom they will work, combined with the excitement of joining a company that already has a proven business model and strong revenue potential as well as a strong executive team and top-tier investors.